Why would I want personal critical illness cover?
Personal critical illness protection can offer extra flexibility at a time of stress. Here are two examples:
- Personal cover - the "short term emergency fund"
A lump sum, payable on critical illness, could enable you to:
- take that extra time off work
- have alterations made to the house or
- go on the holiday of a lifetime
- Personal cover - the "long term stress fund"
An income, payable on critical illness, could enable you to:
- reduce your hours or
- move to a less stressful, but perhaps lower paid job
Cover should also be considered for a non-earning partner who carries out household duties; these might need to be done by someone else.
Critical Illness Insurance provides financial protection against a number of:
- serious illnesses
- medical conditions and
The conditions covered are defined in a specified list. For the list of conditions covered in our standard product click here
The conditions are called "critical" illnesses because they:
- are life-threatening or
- require major surgery or
- require difficult medical treatment or
- have a severe effect on physical abilities and lifestyle
Heart disease and stroke are the two most important causes of serious illness and premature death in Western society. The aim of this book is to help you reduce your chances of suffering heart disease or stroke, and to advocate a way of life that will combine health, longevity and happiness. more